Fontmatrix is an end-user font manager initially designed for Linux, but now also available for Windows and Mac OS X.
Its highlights are:
- works with local and remote font storages;
features activation and deactivation of fonts based on tags;
- allows finding suitable fonts by constructing simple or complex queries;
- allows refining a fonts selection by comparing either glyphs in details or text lines;
- supports searching in PANOSE metadata and allows non-destructively editing it;
- has advanced OpenType support;
ships with sample texts in gazillion of languages and scripts to assist testing fonts with wide Unicode blocks coverage;
- features easy templates based creation of font books (PDF).